Today rain falls so hard in this city. It’s so unpredictable, it was so hot and sunny at the afternoon. Then the sky turns to grey when it’s 5pm. I was at Minami Resto when rain began to fall. I hate rain, you know that. My heart turns to blue when I saw the light of thunder. It’s gonna be a hard rain, I though. I wish you were here, my dear.

If you were here you will see how the wild wind took off the glasses roof of service kitchen. You may can help us close the back door to protect the cook kitchen when the wind tried to take it off from the hinge. We’re only four in this Japanese fusion resto, three girls and one boy.

The electricity then suddenly gone. You also know that darkness makes me breathless. What I really wanted is crying at that time. Then I tried to contact my boss telling what happen in here. But guess what, my dear? There’s no signal in my phone. My eyes were truly burnt! We’re trapped under the storm! I wanna cry! I wanna cry! I think my heart said that to me. But how could I cry in this moment? The two girls seemed scared already, even one of them is older than me but she acted like what we were facing is a tornado! huft!

I really wish you were here, my dear. It was so scary to keep alive seeing the hard rain, wild wind and thunders from the opened-wide door. Seeing how rain splashes rudely everyone’s outside. Seeing the wild wind blows the banner of this restaurant upside-down. Seeing how some of those thunders blasted the trees.

If you were here It may not be that scary. If you were here I may not be that scared. I may not think to cry, ‘cuz you were here.

But in fact, I’m all alone in here. I have to hold the tears to show that I’m stronger, everything will be alright, even a storm can’t beat me. Even if I wanna cry I’m not allowed. I have to hide it.

I heard that it was awesome weather in your city. I hope it’s true. Take care for yourself whenever you are. 



Surakarta, October 22nd 2011


Leave a Reply