Assalamualaikum!

“Tepuk semangat! SE!! MA!! NGAT!! SEMANGAAATTT!!!”

I heard that shout and claps again just last night. It seemed rolling back the memory when I was on high school. Yeah, I went to my high school again yesterday to fulfill the invitation in consolidation of the new member in Paskibra. Paskibra was the school extracurricular I had chosen when I was on high school. Paskibra (Pasukan/Troops Pengibar/Riser Bendera/Flag) it means troops who rise up the national flag in national ceremony. And yesterday, the alumni’s are invited to see their practice preparing the national ceremony at the independent day, to share experience and having iftar together.

When I firstly enter my high school, ohh well, my ex high school, I’m already amazed with the change in everywhere! It looks more green, and clean and very fit to be an international standard high school (it’s not like when I was there years before -__-“). But I’m not gonna talk about my high school now. When I entered the Paskibra’s Basecamp I am once again amazed with the trophy’s!! here is the picture.

“Whoaaahhh…”
That what I was saying when I saw it. It’s soo high trophy’s.. it’s an exceed expectation! They can win more than one category in one competition. It’s very amazing because it wasn’t easy in my years before, we just got one trophy in one competition, how pathetic! T_T

And here’s the trophy I like the most.


Hehehehe.. “The Best Extracurricular”
It’s not given in any competition, but it’s given for appreciation and acceptation from the high school. It’s worthy, isn’t it?? :D and they really deserve it.

One of my friend told me last night that she ever accompanied them fighting in a competition. She said that there were many obstacles to be the winner in that competition, from the storage battery of the car that bring them was broken until they had to perform under the rain. But they came out as the winner at the end. It’s very amazing as I understood how hard is the practice itself.

I remember when we practiced for the national ceremony or for competition. We burnt under the sun after school for practice, ran around the school field, did push up, back up and sit up, went to home late and sometimes did the homework at school in the morning. Beside that we had to keep our hair short, and dress neatly. And when the time to perform is coming, we cut the socks on its feet to cover up our legs under one more socks, and put double tape inside our shoes to prevent it get loose when we walk. Lolxx…

But I never regret it, in fact, I’m proud to ever be a Paskibra, I’m proud to ever rise up the national flag. It was my dream since I was kid to rise up the national flag in front of the president every 17 August. I remember my father said that to be one of them you should be smart, be a good example for the other student. I believed that and I studied hard for that till I became one of them in my high school. Unfortunately my height is not high enough to be National standard of Paskibra or those who rise up the flag in front of the president.. huhuhuhuhu.. T_T

Everybody has dreams, but don’t live in your dream, but live for your dream and keep fighting for your dream! :D


2 Comments

  1. Lovely Piece of writing...I must say my sis is a good writer, good story teller and good dream chaser...May Allah bless You lil angel ameen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe.. buhut shukriya sis!! :D
    it's still nothing, i still have to improve my skill in writting.. :)

    ReplyDelete